Social

"Europe failed in Srebrenica"

Twenty-five years ago, the worst crime in post-World War II Europe took place - in Srebrenica, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serb forces killed more than 8,000 Muslim men and boys.

A quarter of a century after the Srebrenica massacre, young people in the Balkans are appealing to the world: "You should not forget what happened. "Because if we forget those things, they can happen again, and a Srebrenica must never happen to anyone again."

In the eastern part of the country, in the small town of Srebrenica, in July 1995, the worst crime in Europe took place since World War II. Serbian forces killed more than 8,000 Muslim men and boys there. International courts have branded this massacre of civilians genocide.

"Europe has failed in Srebrenica," Gudrun Steinacker told DW. The former diplomat, the last ambassador to Northern Macedonia and Montenegro, who is considered one of the best experts in German diplomacy in the Balkans, is sure: "After four years of war and ethnic cleansing and concentration camps, mass persecution and mass rape, it should have been known what can happen. "

Banja Luka: Scandalous decision of the court in the case of the Roma minor

The Banja Luka District Court has ruled over Republika Srpska law and international standards for protecting the best interests of the child, where rights are seriously threatened by both the parent and the two perpetrators who took advantage of the girl's immaturity.

A court ruling in Banja Luka a few days ago sparked an avalanche of outrage from a number of Roma NGOs and child protection activists.

As a reminder, the father of the 13-year-old girl, Alija Aliќ (51), Mehmed Bosak (47) and his son Ismet (19) were released. Alic is accused that on January 10 last year in Doboj he agreed with Mehmed to establish a marriage between his 13-year-old daughter and Ismet for 500 euros.

Otherwise, for inculcating a juvenile out of selfishness, a prison sentence of six months to five years is envisaged.

Protests in Berlin for the protection of the Memorial to the European Sinti and Roma

The persecution of Roma is not just history. It is also part of the present. Racism, discrimination and violence are part of everyday life.

In Germany and in Europe as well as in the world, they have been fighting for years against empty memories and cold oblivion. The central "Memorial to the Sinti and Roma Victims of National Socialism" in Berlin has been the site of protests and demonstrations organized by Roma activists in recent days.

The protests were made due to which the German railway - Deutche Bahn, came up with its own plans where under the Memorial Center will be built an additional line of S-Bahn.

Zoran Zaev in Suto Orizari: "A minister without portfolio will be abolished, but there will be directorates"

We will build an even more original and transparent government that will work for the people, to promote the rights of all citizens, said yesterday President Zoran Zaev at a forum held in the municipality of Suto Orizari.

 

"We will abolish all seven ministers without portfolio, who gave results but did not have their own capacity due to infrastructure, as ministries without portfolio, but we will create agencies, directorates to work even more," said Zaev.

 

This means that one of the ministries without portfolio, which also belonged to the Roma, will be abolished, but an agency, directorate with the same or similar competencies will be established, which are closely related to the Roma issues.

FaLang translation system by Faboba

I WANT TO SAY

Momentalno Online

       We have 193 visitors watching ROMATIMES.NEWS

Golden Wheel - Entry Application Form

o Vakti

 booked.net

Most Popular

Flag Counter

Our counter start count since 13.01.2019
Count unique visitors from which country visit our portal
In the bottom there is total visits our portal